Saturday, December 10, 2011

Last Day of School


The last day of school was a bittersweet day.  On one hand I was about to go and travel for two weeks and I was very excited about that.  On the other hand I will really really miss my students in room 11.  They were so much fun to come to school and see everyday.  Always up to something random, calling people Drangos, or having fun being themselves. 

On my last day we had our final Spelling Dee (a spelling bee but they were syndicate D).  In block one, students caught up on work and there was a Monkey’s Wedding outside.  That is what they call it when it rains and is sunny. I don't know if you can even tell in this picture that it is raining but believe me the kids came in early from lunch soaking wet and it was poring.  

Block three we had an assembly and lots of talented students performed for the school.  Some dances, a flash mob, singing and live music.  We ended the assembly by singing Do I Make You Proud by Taylor Hicks and  I am the World’s Greatest by R Kelly.  

At the end of the day the class gave me a really cute card, pineapple lumps (a New Zealand Lolly (candy)), L&P (a New Zealand soda) and a jar of vegemite; all things to remember my time in New Zealand.  Then I handed out Clark Bars and we headed to town to catch a bus to Paihia.  

No comments:

Post a Comment