Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Swans!


We were on our way back across the bridge when we spotted tons of swans.  Now I know what you are thinking.  Maybe 5 or 6, I myself had never seen more than a few together at one time but here they were all living in the Vltave River right in the middle of Prague.  Are you ready!!! Here they are. 





 We noticed that people were feeding them so we decided to try.  We had some subpar crackers that the swans seemed to love!!!  Here is a picture of a large gathering of swans.  They were here and across the river in an equally large group swimming in the middle.  EVERYWHERE!








 We noticed several things that I have never noticed about a swan before, probably because I had never been so close to them before.   One, they have a hole in their beak that you can see the light through.  Two, swans are very mean to each other especially to the egrets (baby swans).  They bite and pull each other under the water if someone is in “their area.”  Three, they are very clumsy on land, makes sense if you think about. It they are large birds but, it was still funny because they are so graceful in the water.  Lastly, I learned that swans are very flexible. 



This is how my dog Bailey scratches his head!







Note how the one on the middle right is stretched so far for a bit of that food!

I tried so hard to capture a swan heart picture but it’s hard, especially because they are usually all facing the same direction.  But here is what I came up with.








No comments:

Post a Comment