Sunday, May 5, 2013

Krakow with Adrian and Iza

Adrian and Iza were planning on spending the weekend in Krakow a few weeks ago.  They were planning on going to the Medieval Museum under the square, this has been something Kayla and I had wanted to do but never had time, so we met them for the day Saturday.

It was a lot of fun, first we went to the museum.  Overall it was alright but A LOT of reading and the dim lighting made it hard.  I did learn that I was taller than a Medieval man and woman and that I would have been burnt at the stake.  They believed back in those days that people who were left handed were vampires and therefore had to be killed.  Good news for me we don't still do that today.




















Then we went to the castle.  It was afternoon when we got there and were unsure of what tour to take, they have it all broken up so the tours are shorter.  I thought I would ask the lady if we could do all of the tours and (it was a had to be there moment) but the look on her face was totally shocked by my question so we decided it was a no.


We eventually chose on the private quarters tour along with the Dama z gronostajem by Leonardo de Vinci.  It was a good tour, thanks to Iza for translating we were able to understand.




















Then we went to a German restaurant for dinner.  It was really good and Adrain's food was HUGE.

As we were walking towards the bus station we went to see this little shop making old fashion candy.  It was pretty cool and lastly before going home I got a new pair of tennis shoes!!!   It was another amazing day.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment