Monday, November 28, 2011

Coromandel


 On Friday right after school on of the other teachers who lives closer to downtown dropped us off for the ferry.  When we got to town we stopped at a camera shop because I am sad to report my camera got wet (or soaked) when I slipped off a rock last weekend at Goat Island and landed in the ocean.  That sounds way worse than it was, don’t worry I am just fine I didn't get hurt, not even a scratch but my camera is now acting very temperamental.  I thought with so much traveling left to do and since I enjoy taking pictures so much not having a camera just would not do for me.  So I bit the bullet and bought a new camera, it is the same as my old one except several years and models newer.  And now I am happy to report after the weekend I am really enjoying my new camera and all of its fun features!  


 
After the camera shop we got on the ferry and started our two-hour journey to Coromandel.  The weather was not the best so neither was the ride and several people didn’t look so well when we finally arrived.  I thought it was a bit like going on the tummy ticklers up north.  

We arrived and Sonny picked everyone up, and took us to our accommodation at Anchor Lodge.  We checked in, walked around the town a bit.  We noticed that Anchor Lodge had a lot of time and sign problems.  You can see one example here of what we mean.  And signs like these were several feet apart and these were not the only ones.  Coromandel Town is just a small town that has kept its heritage buildings.  We saw a lot of cute little shops that we made note of visiting the following morning.  

























Then we went to bed to prepare for an exciting Saturday.  More soon about Hot Water Beach and Cathedral Cove!  But alas now I need to get to sleep.     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment