Wednesday, September 5, 2012

We Are Here


My last days in Wausau, Wisconsin for at least 10 months were great!  Mom, Dad and I did a few last minute things that I will miss while I am in Poland.  Kayla and I departed from the Twin Cities to Bielsko-Biala, Poland for an adventure of a lifetime.







Do either of us speak Polish … Nope.  Did we know where we would be living … haha no.  Did we know what Magda (the lady picking us up from the airport) looked like … not at all?  Did we know how to pack … not really but we did our best.   We just went and are hoping for the best.  

First impressions are good.  Everyone at school is very friendly, helpful and flexible.  Our apartment is very nice!  It makes me laugh cause it’s like living in an Ikea Showroom.  We have been focusing on cleaning and finding everything a new home.  The city of Bielsko-Biala is nice too.  The buildings are pretty and we have already gotten to see a lot of things.  On Monday afternoon two other teachers from school (Magda (a different Magda, FOUR MAGDAS WORK AT OUR SCHOOL) and Ilona) went to see the city center, a large shopping center, the castle and a street Ilona compared to a mini 5th Avenue in New York!   I didn’t have my camera with me but I will take pictures soon!

Yesterday we went to school taught an English class with Marta for the second and fourth graders.  Then we met with the Directors and headed home for the day!  We are still figuring out exactly what our job will be at school.  For now until we go to the Helen Doron Training at the end of September we will just be teaching 4 hours a week, in English I think.  So far I know we will be teaching two English classes, one math class, and one science class.  Then we will also run an afterschool enrichment program, they really want us to do Odyssey of the Mind, so we are pretty excited about it.  Then I believe in a few weeks when everything gets going we will be filling the rest of our time teaching Helen Doron Classes.    

Let me know if you have any questions!  The picture function is not working right now I will try to add photos again a bit later!    

No comments:

Post a Comment