Wednesday, April 10, 2013

WHITE sweet potato


I love sweet potatoes.  In Poland we have enjoyed them quite a bit, but the other night Kayla went to peal a sweet potato and it was WHITE.  I had never seen a WHITE sweet potato before so I did what most millennials would do and goggled it. 


I found out that the orange potatoes we usually call sweet potatoes are truly yams and the white ones are sweet potatoes.  The Internet also informed me that these would be dryer and not as sweet as Yams.  Well they were right, after a bit of baking they came out looking and smelling all right but tasted like paste.  GROSS but we discovered the thinner ones were crisper and all right so we baked them to a crisp and enjoyed our true sweet potatoes.  Now we are always more careful to buy yams. 



No comments:

Post a Comment