Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Women's Day


Sorry it has been a while.  About a month ago was Women’s Day in Poland.  I had no clue it was Women’s Day, but had been noticing more and more people out on the streets selling flowers.  I attributed this to the upcoming spring season, but I was wrong.  I love that in Poland when a holiday is approaching people start selling the appropriate decorations, gifts, or foods on the streets. 



Anyway when I got to school on this particular Friday morning I went to the second grade classroom and was presented with a tulip.  I was surprised and the second graders were surprised that I didn’t know it was women’s day.    Then I went to fourth grade the next hour and was given some chocolates. 

When we went to Sfera (the mall), later in the afternoon, there was a fashion show displaying the upcoming spring styles!  All I know is that I like this Women’s Day tradition! 


No comments:

Post a Comment