Monday, October 24, 2011

Day One/ Musick Point



Under these rocks you can find crabs if you lift them up!  Kyle even taught me how to pick them up without getting pinched!
In the distance of these pictures you can see a mountain.  That is Rangitoto, it is New Zealand's largest and youngest volcano.  I am hoping to get to hike up and around the rim next weekend!



For lunch we ate Subway at Cockle Bay Beach.  When ordering at Subway I learned that their bread and meat are different than in the United Stated and they call green peppers capsicum, the lady looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for green pepper, so I pointed.  The water at the beach was so clear and again the views were wonderful.  The sand was all small broken shells, so I kept my sandals on.  

The people I am staying with think I am crazy for wading in the water, as I am wearing shorts and a t-shirt they are wearing long pants and winter coats!  



After lunch we went drove around some more, for dinner we picked up Pizza Hut and went to Storm's house (she will be my cooperating teacher while I am here).  Laura (the other girl from River Falls) and I along with Hayley and Storm planned out what weekend trips we wanted to do while we are here.  I am excited, we are going to be very busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment